MESSAGE TO THE SIGNWRITING EMAIL LIST

SUBJECT: Message #3 from Brazil...

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 22:14:43 -0400
From: "Delamar Weber & Ronice M. de Quadros" <dweber@neca.com>
To: SignWriting <DAC@SignWriting.org>
Subject: Brazil 3#

To post in the list

Hello everyone!
I would like to say thank you to each one that report my e-mail related with the experience in Brazil. I think that is interesting to talk a little more about our work with SignWriting in Brazil. Valerie Sutton and I are working with the production of additional material in Brazilian Sign Language and Marianne is working since last two years to learn SignWriting and writing some books. This work began with Professor Antonio Rocha who has given us support to learn SignWriting. We have a group that believe in SignWriting as a writing system to sign language. As I had mentioned before, to write the language in a system that is related with it is much better than to write another system that cannot express your language. Because of this, we are beginning this work in Brazil. The Deaf Community began to be interested in SignWriting: one step more toward the development of SignWriting.

Together with your feedback, we are given more steps in this path. Then, thank you very much Valerie, Cindy, Ruth and Norine for your feedback.

Ronice Muller de Quadros

Delamar Weber Jr. & Ronice M. de Quadros
115 Courtyard Lane Storrs-CT 06268 USA
dweber@neca.com Phone (860) 429-1709

If you would like to post a response to this message, send your email message to:

DAC@SignWriting.org

and write POST TO SW LIST somewhere in your message.

This gives me your permission to post.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Valerie Sutton
Webmaster

Click here to subscribe to the SignWriting List

Search by Date

Search by Subject