forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1053  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Feb 17, 1999  2:35 pm
Subject:  Let's Stick "To Topic" :-)

> I suppose that as list owner Valerie is the ultimate judge of what
>is appropriate material for the list, but the next time I get some
>off-topic spam burbling about "cybermalls" and "Fortune 500 companies" (I
>used to work for some of those losers), I'm complaining to your provider.
____________________________

February 17, 1999

Well - good morning Everyone! What a shame....I had no idea anyone would do
that and generally everyone has been very decent about posting messages on
topic. The message was as much a surprise to me as it was to you. It came
from a SignWriting List member, and I will write to her privately.

I am not the first owner of the SignWriting List, Paul Cowley is. I am the
second owner. The reason I am not the first owner is that I am not the
person who is providing the "provider" as you call it. This list is a
donation by Humber College in Ontario Canada, and Paul Cowley is donating
his time to run it behind the scenes. But of course I am in charge of the
content, which is definitely "SignWriting" oriented.

So anyway, you can always write to either of us privately, if you feel
upset about something:

Paul Cowley

or
Valerie Sutton

But now.....having said that....of course we are not supposed to have spam
on this List. So I request that everyone stick to the topic for the sake of
everyone else on the List!

In the future, if someone wants to announce something that is "off topic",
please write to me or Paul Cowley privately, to receive approval beforehand.

Many thanks for your understanding!

Valerie ':-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SW

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1053  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index