forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1059  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Mark Penner
Date:  Thu Feb 18, 1999  1:02 pm
Subject:  Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program

> Wow -Mark - this is great. Can you enter other symbols too? Can you create an entire sign as "one symbol"...in other words...two hand symbols, two movement symbols and a facial expression as "one character"? If so, then it might be closer to real SignWriting. Especially if those "characters" can then be placed down in vertical columns. This may turn into something rather useful for people in other countries too.

<<<<
What I have is 1,400 programmable font slots, each of them 64x64 pixels. I did two hand two arrow and parallel motion word in that slot that is legible at a font size of 22. I also did a face that is probably legible at a smaller font size, but its late and I'm too tired to try and get it up in my word processor to test it tonight. I think a Face/Hand/Motion combination could be done in the space of 64x64 pixels, but it would take a massive font size to be able to view it.

> How many characters can you create and store in this fashion?

<<<<
I said 1,400 above. That is what is allowed in the Windows system in addition to the thousands of characters that come with Windows in the fonts. Those could probably be programmed over as
well, but I haven't gotten that far yet. 1,400 should do me for a while anyway! I will try to get a total count after I figure out how to edit over the fonts that come with the program.

Will keep you posted.

Mark

Mark Penner
Tokyo, Japan

  Replies Author Date
1061 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Valerie Sutton Thu  2/18/1999
1065 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Mark Penner Fri  2/19/1999
1066 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Valerie Sutton Fri  2/19/1999
1068 terms Joe Martin Fri  2/19/1999
1069 Re: terms John Hill Fri  2/19/1999
1073 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Neil Bauman Fri  2/19/1999
1085 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Michael Everson Sat  2/20/1999
1079 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Mark Penner Sat  2/20/1999
1084 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Michael Everson Sat  2/20/1999

  Message 1059  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index