forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1073  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Neil Bauman
Date:  Fri Feb 19, 1999  4:00 am
Subject:  Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program

>> Hi Mark, Valerie:
>

>> I don't have English MS Word. My Japanese version does everything the
>> English one does, plus Japanese, so I really have no use for it. All
that to
>> say, no, I don't know. But I think I remember hearing that the character
set
>> on roman alphabet programs are 8 bit, and have 256 slots total for a font
>> set, whereas Japanese/Chinese are 16 bit, and have ________ (very big
>> number) slots.

The number you are looking for is 32,767. That should be enough for all the
signwriting signs I'd think!

Neil

Neil Bauman
Box 1233
Three Hills, Alberta CANADA T0M 2A0

  Replies Author Date
1085 Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program Michael Everson Sat  2/20/1999

  Message 1073  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index