forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1080  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Mark Penner
Date:  Fri Feb 19, 1999  11:55 am
Subject:  Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program

At 00:17 02/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
> Wouldn't others need a Japanese computer as well? I seem to remember
that they
> would at least need a Japanese Windows operating system.
> Bill Reese

No, not a Japanese computer; yes, a Japanese Windows operating system is
needed to read as well as write. Otherwise you end up with gibberish on the
screen. Japanese Windows take a lot more disk space than others too, for
what it worth.

> The number you are looking for is 32,767. That should be enough for all the
> signwriting signs I'd think!
Neil
Thanks for the number, Neil! Now I can fill in the blank.

Mark

Mark and Mary Esther Penner
Tokyo, Japan

https://www.deaf.or.jp/vibi/

  Message 1080  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index