forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1097  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Feb 24, 1999  9:23 pm
Subject:  SignWriting In Austria

<x-rich>February 24, 1999

Hello All!

Just a quick note to tell you that this weekend, February 25-28,
SignWriting will be presented (in a casual fashion) at a sign language
workshop in Klagenfurt, Austria. Our organization donated one set of
SignWriting videos to be shown at the workshop, plus handouts that teach
the basic handshapes and movement arrows. The literature will be
distributed to approximately 100 workshop participants.

The workshop is being held at the University of Klagenfurt's Research
Center for Sign Language and Communication. Here is a description, written
by Franz Dotter:

__________

"The EU-workshop we are organizing under the guidance of the Austrian Deaf

Association for February, 25 - 28, 1999 is aimed at giving a comprehensive

survey of deaf-related research, projects, and initiatives. Each EU-country

may send four to five representatives (plus sign language interpreters).

The deaf participants should report on the national situation of the deaf

and the deaf or hearing scientists should give a general summary of

research on deaf topics or present specific scientific projects. All

presentations have to focus on results which have practical applications.

>The suggestions, requests and wishes of the deaf, collected in the course

of the workshop, will be summarized in a final document and passed on to

the European Commission as well as to the individual EU-countries as

concrete recommendations."

__________

So that is the most recent news....

I am still printing books for New Mexico, but I am getting there!!

Talk to you later :-)</x-rich>

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1098 Writing Gramma Joe Martin Thu  2/25/1999
1099 Re: Writing Grammar Valerie Sutton Thu  2/25/1999

  Message 1097  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index