forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1112  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Mar 10, 1999  8:26 pm
Subject:  Progress being made...

March 10, 1999

Dear SignWriting List Members -
I know it has been a long time since I have written to the List. I hope you
all are doing well :-)

For the past two weeks, I put all else aside, so that I could complete the
"advanced materials" in SignWriting. I guess it is no surprise that it was
more work than I could ever imagine!

There are three books and a video. All are completed now, except for some
final editing. The third book, entitled "Learn to Read American Sign
Language in SignWriting", was the hardest to complete. I froze a story
signed in ASL "frame by frame" and placed the frames in sequence in the
book, with the SignWriting for each sign next to each frame. There are 367
signs and frames for the one ASL story of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears",
signed in ASL by native signer Darline Clark Gunsauls. It is 64 pages of
frames and SignWriting...and the SignWriting is color coded for easy
learning. This book is a reference guide to help people learn to read the
SignWriting in the other two books, which are SW Levels 3 and 4.

The three books and video will come in a package together. It will be
available for purchase from our SignWriting Web Site in about a week or so.
I will also donate one copy of the materials to those teachers in the SW
Literacy Project, who want a copy.

So that is my news at the moment. I am now trying to catch up with orders
and lots of your private email...

Have a wonderful day!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1112  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index