forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1147  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Apr 13, 1999  1:26 pm
Subject:  New Special Feature Posted!

April 13, 1999

Dear SW List -

I am happy to announce that I am back to web design!

If you want to see some wonderful photos of deaf children using SignWriting
in Nicaragua, visit:

https://www.SignWriting.org

The new Special Feature is entitled:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SignWriting In Nicaragua
...an expanded directory of articles and photos...

...and announcing...

Escuelita de Condega

Second School for Nicaraguan Deaf Children
Established In Area Hit By Hurricane Mitch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SignWriting has become a part of the daily lives of two schools of Deaf
children in Nicaragua. Their school is in session right now. Nice to think
of them in front of their blackboards writing signs!

I remember the little girl, Judy, in the opening photo. I believe she was
six years old when Darline Clark Gunsauls first went to Nicaragua to teach
SignWriting in the summer of 1996. That means Judy has used SignWriting for
three years now....it will be interesting to follow her progress :-)

Have a wonderful day!

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1148 New Posting: "SW and ASL" Article Valerie Sutton Thu  4/15/1999
4013 New Special Feature Posted! Valerie Sutton Tue  10/10/2000
4027 Re: New Special Feature Posted! katie kramer Sat  10/14/2000
4712 New Special Feature Posted! Stefan Woehrmann2 Mon  4/2/2001
4713 Re: New Special Feature Posted! Jerry Spillman Mon  4/2/2001
4715 Re: New Special Feature Posted! cmf Tue  4/3/2001

  Message 1147  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index