forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1212  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed May 5, 1999  2:57 pm
Subject:  Re: Questions About SW

John wrote:
>These are what I would call the Bi/Bi schools to be. Fremont School for
>the Deaf is a full Bi/Bi school and may have referals. There are other
>programs across the country, one is starting in my hometown, Salt Lake
>City for the first time this fall.
>
>ASL is the language of instruction and also use reading and writing
>English.
>
>John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi John - Thanks for this information. That is great that a Bi-Bi school is
starting in Salt Lake City. And there are others...for example the Texas
School for the Deaf, in Austin, Texas, has a Bi-Bi- program now. They
started using SignWriting a little last Fall. And the Metro Deaf School in
Saint Paul, Minnesota is the first charter school in the USA to use the
bi-bi approach. They have had SignWriting materials on their shelves now
for two years. Writing ASL is a natural part of the bilingual experience.

Does anyone have a listing of all of the Bi-Bi schools in the USA and Canada?

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1212  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index