forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1244  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 11, 1999  8:48 pm
Subject:  DeafVision Web Hosting

May 11, 1999

Hello Everyone!
As you know, I run three web sites, and I have used the same internet
service provider, CTSNet, since 1996, when I did my first web posting on
the SignWritingSite. I am happy with CTSNet, although they are a little
expensive. They are very reliable though, and give great tech support. Have
any of you ever had any problem accessing our SignWritingSite? If not, then
we have been pretty stable.

The other day I received an email message from a Deaf business woman,
Michelle, who started a Deaf-owned business, with two other Deaf
programmers in San Francisco. They have a web hosting service:

DeafVision, Inc.
Professional Web Design & Hosting
https://www.deafvision.com

and they say that these organizations use their services....

ADARA, American Association of the Deaf-Blind, ALDA San Diego, California
Association of the Deaf, California Latino Council of the Deaf and HH, Deaf
Biz Services, Deaf Education Access Foundation, Deaf AIDS Network, Deaf
AIDS Project of Maryland, Deaf Aztlan, Deaf Dogs Education Action Fund,
Deaf Health Network, Deaf Outreach UK, Dear Reach - India, Deaf Queer
Resource Center, Deaf Women United, Inc., Deaf Women Network, Hands On NYC,
Holy Angels Church of the Deaf, National Deaf Black Advocates, Rainbow
Alliance of the Deaf, Real World Success, Treehouse Video, United Methodist
Ministry, World Recreation Association of the Deaf, Inc.

And they are less expensive than CTSNet. I thought maybe it would be a good
idea for us to perhaps use their services. I would like to support a Deaf
business owner, and a Deaf woman too :-)

On the other hand, I am a little nervous to switch providers, after all
these years! And I am not sure what I will do right now. I have to talk to
others in our organization, and I am asking the SignWriting List if any of
you know DeafVision?

I thought it might be a good idea to place our SignWritingSite on a
Deaf-owned web server. What do you think?

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1244  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index