forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1264  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu May 13, 1999  5:02 pm
Subject:  Re: Color Coding SW Symbols

>Color coding does enhance readability but it adds more more to writing in
>signs unless you could make it automatic. But I believe the simpler SW is
>the more people will be able to use it. On the other hand color coding
>adds a certain poetry to it all that I like.
>
>Pastor Ronald H. Dettloff
>The Deaf Church
>20880 Ten Mile Road
>St. Clair Shores, MI. 48080
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a chance that with a more sophisticated computer program, such as
SignWriter 5.0, that color coding could be a "choice" when printing. If
that feature becomes available, it would be a help to teachers of Deaf
children, don't you think?

Right now of course, it is a lot of work because I am coloring each symbol
manually through a paint program - but no complaints - it is fun and the
color seems to help some people - and that is all that matters!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1264  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index