forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1270  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu May 13, 1999  5:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Question about LH in "across"

Wayne Smith said:
> I think the origin of my confusion is in the SW Lessons which are well
>illustrated with pictures of the handshapes when the hands are pointing up
>or ahead, but I can't find enough consistent examples of the hands pointing
>L or R to see what the pattern is between using, for example, a black hand
>and the break symbol or a half-black half-white symbol without the break
>symbol.
> I hope I've made my dilemma clear. I wish I were where you are with SW
>- able to read it as fast as a Deaf person can sign it, but I'm not. I
>would appreciate your help in clearing this up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course you are correct the book could have more diagrams on this issue,
and I will make a note to myself to add those in time. So thanks for the
good suggestion!

Don't worry, Wayne - you will learn to read SignWriting quickly - You
received the SignWriting materials only a few weeks ago - and you have
already done so much!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1270  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index