forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1409  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Greg Noel
Date:  Tue Jun 8, 1999  12:04 am
Subject:  Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus

> ... I am not sure I understand - is this for java applications, or
>is it Java script which is different? - Since I am not a programmer I am
>not sure what it is all about :-)

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It's an implementation technique to allow
things like the content of menu entries to be defined very late---even as
late as runtime. It could be arranged so that different bindings could be
created, so that the display could be in "international" symbols (they
aren't, you know), SignWriter pictograms, Egyptian hieroglyphics, or in any
written language (English, French, Spanish, or even unusual choices like
British or Urdu).

Doing something like that may involve additional support mechanisms that it
may be too late to do for 5.0, but you might want to do it in a future
release.

Oh, my personal choice is words, no pictures. But then, I've never really
related to visual stimulus (the explaination is long and boring) and I'm
aware that others find icons easier than words. That's why I suggest a
flexible capability.

-- Greg Noel, retired UNIX guru

  Replies Author Date
1411 Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus Valerie Sutton Tue  6/8/1999
1419 Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus Angus Grieve-Smith Tue  6/8/1999
1424 Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus Valerie Sutton Tue  6/8/1999

  Message 1409  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index