forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1420  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  William McGruder
Date:  Tue Jun 8, 1999  12:18 pm
Subject:  Re: Another use for SW

writes:

<< > So here's a question: has anyone considered getting the Baseball
> teams to use SW for their signal books?

They will kill you for makingpublic their secret signals.
My understanding is they change periodically to prevent
opposing teams from analyzing their meaning and thus
anticipating called plays. They're used in American football too.
And the military branches have some versions for special forces
or so I am told. Print it and you die. >>

Now I'm not advocating making public folks' deepest secrets; just wondering
if any baseball players out there have used SW for their own signals.

  Message 1420  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index