forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1454  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jun 11, 1999  1:57 pm
Subject:  Re: Computer Terms In Signed Languages

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Wayne Smith wrote:
>I had an afterthought on this, too. Would the menus be in English and/or
>ASL, or could they be in other languages too? For example, is there the
>option for the menus to be in Mandarin and/or TSL? If so, would you need
>our input as to the correct signs for each menu item? It seems that this
>might necessarily add a lot of (perhaps unnecessary) individualization to
>the program that would just cost more time and money in the development
>stage, but for what it's worth.....
> - Wayne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 11, 1999

Wayne - to answer this old message - I am happy to do the Menus in Taiwan
Sign Language, if you send me the signs in a SignWriter 4.3 .sgn file, as I
mentioned in a previous message.

And for right now...if we treat written Chinese as "a graphic" and you send
me the Menu headings written in Chinese - I could scan in the characters
"as a graphic" and place them in Menu headings, just as I will be doing for
the icons and for the SignWriting headings. This has no connection with the
way you will type SignWriting or Chinese later - I am just talking about
the Menu Headings. We have a way to place graphics in the Menu Headings.

So send me the translations anytime -

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1454  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index