forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1557  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Jul 3, 1999  7:52 pm
Subject:  Re: Languages in menus

Bill Reese wrote:
>I remember a short while ago that Valerie wanted different languages for
>menu buttons. I came across the following site by accident. It
>approaches the idea of converting menus into other languages with a
>separate program. While I am not sure it would help with Signwriting
>5.0, I found the concept intriguing and am passing it along
>
>https://www.alda.com/overview.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonderful information, Bill!!

I just got a chance to look at the above web page and I am really
impressed. I will send this information to our programmer, who is
developing the user interface for SignWriter 5.0. The information may be
useful for hooking into the operating systems in other countries, to access
the spoken languages of those countries.

No matter what, we will have to develop the user interface in signed
languages, because the above software does not include a signed language as
one of its many languages...who knows? Maybe someday! And maybe we can
supply them with the signs someday. Can you imagine Windows 95 written in
signs? Sounds like a great idea!

Meanwhile...has anyone taken a look at the "Menus in ASL and English" up on
the web? I could use your feedback. Do the signs seem easy to read?

https://www.SignWriting.org/soft005.html

As you know, there are nine pages of all the menus posted. And we have many
more countries than are listed there - those are just some samples...

Thanks for your input!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1557  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index