forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1569  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Mon Jul 5, 1999  2:27 am
Subject:  Re: SignWriting & Unicode

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> But to supply the Unicode people with a finished writing system that
> will never change is impossible - but they tell me it will take
> several years to develop Unicode anyway, so I will have to send them
> the new handshapes as they come in.

I wouldn't worry too much about this; there are
Chinese-Traditional and Chinese-Simplified standards, so it seems
reasonable to have more than one SignWriting standard.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
1602 Re: SignWriting & Unicode Michael Everson Sat  7/31/1999

  Message 1569  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index