forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1576  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Jul 7, 1999  4:42 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting on the Macintosh

>Sign Writer List:
>
>Is it possible to run SW on a Manintosh? If so where can one get the
>software? Can I download on my IBM and then give a copy to someone with
>a Mac?
>
>Pastor Ronald H. Dettloff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes...I run SignWriter 4.3, for MS-DOS, on my Macintosh everyday.

You can run any MS-DOS program on your Macintosh in one of three ways...

1. Use SoftPC
2. Use VirtualPC
3. Use a built-in PC card

SoftPC and VirtualPC are software programs which you can purchase at a
software store. This is explained in your SignWriter Notebook that came
with SignWriter 4.3.

Or you can read about it on our web site:

Can the SignWriter Computer Program
Be Used on the Macintosh? Yes!
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw169.html

You purchase SoftPC or VirtualPC, install it, and then install SignWriter
4.3. Then you start SoftPC or VirtualPC and then your Mac turns into a DOS
machine. Then you can run SignWriter.

As you know, the new SignWriter 5.0 will run on the Mac directly, which
will be better.

But meanwhile, people use SignWriter 4.3 on the Mac all the time...and
although it runs a little slower, it still works! And what is great about
using VirtualPC or SoftPC is that you can then use Macintosh screen
captures to capture DOS screens - which is wonderful!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1576  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index