forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1597  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Fri Jul 30, 1999  8:39 pm
Subject:  Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages

Dear Valerie,

I was very pleased to find DGS on your list. ;-)

>Someone just wrote to me and suggested that we refer to a listing on the
>web - apparently there is an agreed list of names for sign languages that
>can be found on the sign linguistics archives? Does anyone know that web
>address?

I looked at my long list of Bookmarks and feel happy to support you in this
little problem.
I found a list
:https://www.sil.org/ethnologue/families/Deaf_Sign_Language.html

Can`t imagine that you can simply take these acronyms for Signed Languages :
Look at Germany, Austria and so on.

Nevertheless ... maybe this is the list you were asking for?

Have a very good time

Stefan W ô¬ rmann

  Replies Author Date
1604 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Sat  7/31/1999

  Message 1597  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index