forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1600  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Cecelia Smith
Date:  Sat Jul 31, 1999  12:11 am
Subject:  Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages

writes:

<<
So I guessed at 50 possible countries, and I also guessed at the proper
acronyms.

Wow. That was a pretty extensive list. It would be pretty interesting to
find out what the deaf people in those countries call their languages, so
that appropriate initial codes could be developed.

I have read some of the responses... for example the LSQ for the
French-Canadian sign language. Using their own name for their language seems
to be the best route to take whenever you can find the real name. :-)

And you will have another one soon. I have a friend currently doing research
in Armenia to find out how their sign language has developed and to see if it
is similar to other known sign languages.

Good luck on your project.

Cecelia Smith

  Replies Author Date
1601 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Angus B. Grieve-Smith Sat  7/31/1999
1631 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Tue  8/3/1999

  Message 1600  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index