forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1621  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Wayne H. Smith"
Date:  Tue Aug 3, 1999  10:10 am
Subject:  Hello again! It's been a while.

Hello SignWriters!
I kept getting bumped from the list and this time it just took me a
while before I got a round tuit (all I had was square ones).
As for an acronym for Taiwan Sign Language: I usually say TSL, but then
that could refer to a whole bunch of languages. I once bounced the word
Tasila around for it (TAiwan SIgn LAnguage), but never used it. In Taiwan,
the hearing community (i.e., in Mandarin) calls it "shouyu" (literally,
"hand" and "language") or more precisely "Taiwan Shouyu". Whatever.... If
it's only for computer internal use, you can call it "Kashplinkle",
"Meddybemps", or even "Latefordinner".
- Wayne

  Message 1621  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index