forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1655  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Aug 10, 1999  2:59 am
Subject:  Re: proper names

>(https://www.indigo.ie/egt/standards/iso639/deaf.html).

>Where a country has more than one Sign Language, this is usually indicated
>by appending a regional modifier for the "less national" langauge. Examples:
>
>French Sign Language sgn-FR
>Lyons Sign Language sgn-FR-LYO
>Spanish Sign Language sgn-ES
>Catalonian Sign Language sgn-ES-CAT
>
>Michael Everson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, Michael, for the effort you are going to....I visited your web
page above and it is really beautiful. I know it is a lot of work to
develop this...

I am happy to see that you are using the abbreviation "sgn", since
SignWriting documents typed with the SignWriter Computer Program are called
".sgn" files. So it fits well....

In our java program, this is the name of a file referring to messages in
Spanish words from Spain:

MessagesBundle_es_ES.properties

The lower case "es" stands for the language of Spanish (Espanol), and the
upper case ES stands for the country of Spain (Espana).

So with your coding method, the name of a file referring to messages in
Spanish Sign Language from Spain would be:

MessagesBundle_sgn_ES.properties

Right?

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting Web Site
https://www.SignWriting.org

Post messages to the SignWriting List

SignWriting List Archives
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
PO. Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1656 Re: proper names Michael Everson Tue  8/10/1999
1657 Re: proper names Valerie Sutton Tue  8/10/1999
1659 Re: proper names Michael Everson Tue  8/10/1999

  Message 1655  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index