forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1699  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Martin 'Lolly' Lorenz
Date:  Thu Aug 19, 1999  7:22 am
Subject:  Re: sign writing principles?

What you, Judy A. Kegl wrote to me. received Thu, Aug 19 at 04:46 CEST

|> (note: Judy Kegl is in Managua. She's the linguist, not me. But, I teach
|> SW.)
|>
|> I do not know which has more symbols, SW or, for example, english. The
|> alphabet has 26 letters, but obviously there exist rules to make a lot more
|> phonemes than that. It is a completely arbitrary system that requires
[...]

what you tell me is a very new aspect to me

i guess i will have to think about it for a while.
could you eventually point me to any linguistical
ressource (online or in a journal/book) that can
help me to further investigate your point of view

thanks a lot for your help
--
Martin "Lolly" Lorenz

Microsoft, I think, is fundamentally an evil company.
- JAMES H. CLARK

https://hasiti.mir.at/~martin

the more daring thing mostly is
to question the known
than to explore the unknown

  Message 1699  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index