forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1769  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Aug 30, 1999  11:17 pm
Subject:  SignWriting In Kentucky

James Womack wrote:
>Valerie and list members. I am currently at the starting
>gate to bring SW to KY's education system. In coming days,
>I will very likely ask many things to help me formulate a
>proposal and program to bring before the Dept. of Education
>and coordination with Dr. Laurence Hayes.

>Question one: May I havethe list and contact sources of all the USA
>programs currently applying SW in Deaf schools and/or mainstream
>programs?

>James Womack
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 30, 1999

Hi James!!
Congratulations on all you are doing in Kentucky ....of course we will do
what we can to help :-)

To answer Question one, above...here are some of the schools to contact...I
know that Cecilia Flood, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is teaching several
different classes of Deaf children in two or three public schools right
now....so SignWriting is being taught in mainstreaming schools....

SIGNWRITING TEACHER'S FORUM
https://www.SignWriting.org/teach000.html

Albuquerque Public Schools
Contact Teacher: Cecilia Flood

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach012.html

Caldwell Elementary School, Wichita, Kansas
Contact Teacher: Diana Smith

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach003.html

Homeschool, Lewis Family
Contact Teacher: Michele Lewis

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach007.html

Homeschool, McReynolds Family
Contact Teacher: Dawn McReynolds

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach014.html

Jordan Vocational High School, Columbus, Georgia
Contact Teacher: Cynthia Frey

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach013.html

Private Tutor, Ontario, Canada
Contact Teacher: Kathy Akehurst

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach004.html

Robarts School For The Deaf, Ontario, Canada
Contact Teacher: Paul Cowley

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach008.html

Texas School For The Deaf, Austin, Texas
Contact Teachers: Dr. Vicki Everhart & Christine Sicoli

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach009.html

What Do Schools & Teachers Say?
Teacher at the Oregon School For The Deaf
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw188.html

What Do Schools & Teachers Say?
Private Tutor of Deaf Students, Ontario, Canada
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw195.html

What Do Schools & Teachers Say?
Teacher at the Caldwell Elementary School,
Hearing Impaired Program, Wichita, Kansas
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw196.html

And there is one more in New York state - more about that later!

Valerie ;-)

  Message 1769  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index