forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1807  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Joe Martin
Date:  Mon Sep 6, 1999  5:07 pm
Subject:  transpositions

hi--
This is a question I have long puzzled over; linguists could tell a lot by
what types of errors people make in reading SW, by *if they transpose, and
if so *what/how they transpose---that awaits further research.
But all this first depends on one point. You can't transpose things
(i.e. get them in the wrong order) unless there is some order to begin
with. So my question is this; are signwriting symbols arranged in a
linear order? (Obviously the words follow each other, but are the parts
of a word--the movement arrow, the second hand shape if there is one,
facial expression, etc--are these arranged into a linear (or any) order?

Joe

1808 Re: transpositions Valerie Sutton Mon  9/6/1999
1817 transpositions Joe Martin Thu  9/9/1999
1819 Re: transpositions Valerie Sutton Thu  9/9/1999
1823 Re: transpositions Valerie Sutton Fri  9/10/1999

  Message 1807  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index