forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1820  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Sep 9, 1999  4:55 pm
Subject:  Letter from School in New York State

September 9, 1999

Dear SignWriting List:
I would like to welcome a new school to the SignWriting Literacy Project :-)

The school is in New York state. The teacher is Deborah Holden.

Deborah Holden

In previous messages, I mentioned the school was located in Troy, New York.
Although the letter of confirmation came from the George Washington School
in Troy, I now understand that the project is REALLY at the Algonquin
Middle School, in Averill Park...a nearby city to Troy...(smile).

Here is the letter of confirmation from Jo Moccia, the Director of Special
Education in the Averill Park Central School District:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 24, 1999

From:
Jo Moccia
Director of Special Education
Averill Park Central School District
146 Gettle Road
Averill Park, NY. 12018

Dear Valerie,
The teachers of the seventh grade at Algonquin Middle School in the Averill
Park Central School District would like to participate in your SignWriting
Literacy Project. We have four students, two are Deaf and two are Hard of
Hearing. They range in age from 11 to 13. Their writing skills are very
weak.

One of our teachers would like to introduce SignWriting to her students.
The teacher is interested in learning and using SignWriting because the
students are motivated to learn it, and she hopes it will improve their
writing skills. The teacher has approximately four students who will be
participating in the Literacy Project.

She agrees to complete three Web Reports in return for the SignWriting
materials and technical support that you will donate to us. We understand
that this letter and all three reports will become public information and
will be posted to the SignWriting Email List and posted on the SignWriting
Web Site. You have our permission to use this information as needed.

Please send SignWriting materials for one teacher and four students. Thank
you for considering us for your project.

Sincerely,

Jo Moccia
Director of Special Education
Averill Park Central School District
146 Gettle Road
Averill Park, NY. 12018

Valerie ;-)

Valerie Sutton..............................................SignWritingSite
................. https://www.SignWriting.org

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting...Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization...Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1820  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index