forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1866  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  James Womack
Date:  Thu Sep 30, 1999  8:22 am
Subject:  Re: Question About Epson Printers

Valerie Sutton wrote:

> To: SignWriting List
> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:38:58 -0400
> From: Ronald H Dettloff
>
> Dear Valerie,
>
> I was wondering which Epson printers would work with SW so that I can
> look for some used ones for our SignBible project.
>
> Pastor Ronald & Judith Dettloff
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In general, modern printers do not care about what they
print. If you have the driver for the software, it prints.
If you use Windows 95-2000, it prints because universal
or Microsoft compatible drivers are present. The printer
itself simply waits until it receives three things:

1. The on switch to activate it.
2. The driver to tell it what to do.
3. The software to tell it what format to use.

Beyond that, it doesn't even care if it is on a Mac
or PC as long as the terminal connections are right
(parallel, scsi, or usb).

  Replies Author Date
1867 Re: Question About Epson Printers Angus B. Grieve-Smith Thu  9/30/1999
1869 Re: Question About Epson Printers Valerie Sutton Thu  9/30/1999
1868 Re: Question About Epson Printers Valerie Sutton Thu  9/30/1999

  Message 1866  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index