forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1895  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Joe Martin
Date:  Wed Oct 6, 1999  4:17 am
Subject:  writing & drawing

Hi. I'm testing; A while ago I wanted to respond to this but my
computer wouldn't let me--I'm trying to see if it will now. (I've
been good you see....)

My Chinese teacher definitely agrees with you on this. Many times during
our class students mention how to "draw" a character, and the teacher
always corrects them, stressing that these characters are language, and
that they are not drawing pictures, they are "writing." Sounds right to
me, too.