forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1910  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Oct 8, 1999  11:03 pm
Subject:  New postings on the web....

October 8, 1999

Hello SignWriting List!

Thanks for your great messages...I have really enjoyed reading them :-)

I have been doing non-stop web design this entire week. As you can imagine,
I am quite overtired. Our organization is in need of funds. Meanwhile, the
private foundations which fund our work are becoming more and more
"internet oriented". This year, I have chosen to place our Progress Reports
and grant proposals online, so that potential sponsors can read about our
work.

The new postings should also be of interest to computer programmers, since
I posted a report on our summer programming accomplishments.

Take a look at the new SW Software Developer's Forum online....which I just
updated:

SW Software Developer's Forum
https://www.SignWriting.org/soft000.html

Under the section for SignWriter 5.0, you will notice this new report:

Progress Report, SignWriter 5.0, Summer 99
https://www.SignWriting.org/prog000.html

Although I wrote most of the report, there is one fascinating page written
by Richard Johnston, our programmer, on Java code and GUI design...his
specialty...very interesting.

Of course there is much MORE to do.... I also created a new forum:

SW Sponsor's Forum
https://www.SignWriting.org/help000.html

which includes beautiful photos of Deaf children using SignWriting, and I
will be placing our grant proposals (at least parts of them) online, so
potential sponsors can read about our nonprofit - So soon I will start
writing grants and sending them out to people, referring them to the
Sponsor's Forum on the web...

More to come -

Hope you all are doing well -

Val :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

SignBankSite...Databases Online
https://www.SignBank.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1910  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index