forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1926  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Luna
Date:  Wed Oct 13, 1999  8:19 am
Subject:  Re: New to List

Dear Valerie and all,
Welcome Susan and Sharminta, it has been a while since I wrote to the list,
I had to reformat my hardrive and I lost the signwriting program I had on
it. So I am going to go through the online lessons first this time before
down loading it again.

Meanwhile, I am going to be getting ready to take Sign Language classes
myself in Janruary. The college here where I am has sign langauge classes
called sign communications, and from what I have read about it in the course
description of it, sounds like the ones I have been wanting to take. From
there I do not know where I will be going. I would like to help the deaf
children in the schools, so that is what I will be asking the counselor
about.

Anyway, good luck Sharminta, with your project. Unfortunately I do not know
of any deaf people around here. I am sure you will find some though.

There are some neat ASL fonts for the computer that may help her out with
her project. Just put a search in for it.

Again welcome,

Deborah