forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1974  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Ronald Dettloff
Date:  Mon Oct 18, 1999  5:46 pm
Subject:  Re: sign for German/Germany

One is signed on the back of the head and the other in the front. But I
am uncomfortable using the sign because of that too. Besides I think we
are just following politically correct ideas instead of natural ASL. No
language uses the other languages term for themselves but the term the
speaking group uses. These new signs do not always make sense like the
ones we are accustomed to. The average person uses the home (American)
signs when referring to another people.
Pastor Ronald & Judith Dettloff 810-772-9050 SignBible (Web site below)
The Deaf Church, 20880 Ten Mile Road,St. Clair Shores, MI. 48080
or @hotmail.com https://cyberjer.com/signbibl/
https://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8491/signbibl/
"Knowing the love of God and sharing it, is everything."

  Replies Author Date
1976 Re: sign for German/Germany Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  10/20/1999

  Message 1974  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index