forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2064  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Mon Oct 25, 1999  7:16 pm
Subject:  Re: SW-L Digest - 24 Oct 1999 to 25 Oct 1999

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Michael Everson wrote:

> I am currently receiving the digest, and I would REALLY like to
> encourage people ***not*** to post attachments to the e-mail
> discussion list. Not everyone wants every attachment, and they take
> time and cost money to download.

This could be helped by reducing the size of attachments to under
10k, right? Many of the ASCII-text messages are that big. I wouldn't
expect it to increase your digest file by more than 50K per day, on
average.

My .sgn file was under 1K, and it was only 3K as a .gif. We'd
just have to chose our signs wisely...

--
Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 2064  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index