forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2086  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Oct 26, 1999  1:01 pm
Subject:  Re: Receiving attachments.....

> Yes, Lourdes, you sent your message in UUencoded format. I was
>able to decode it with another program, but I guess Netscape doesn't like
>it. If you can switch your Outlook to send MIME (or base64) encoding
>instead, it should show up in the archive.
>
>--
> Angus B. Grieve-Smith

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, Angus, for all your help on the issues surrounding attachments!
The UUencoded format is very good information. I had heard the name before
but I know nothing about it.

When you mentioned that Netscape didn't like it, I just opened the Archives
with Internet Explorer on my Mac. I have both Netscape and Internet
Explorer because I have to test my web site to make sure it looks OK on
both browsers...

Anyway, when I opened Lourdes' old messages with the UUencoded formatted
.GIF and .JPEG in the Archive, both of them still showed up as garbage on
Internet Explorer...but of course I am on a Mac and I didn't test it on a
Windows machine yet.

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2086  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index