|SignWriting List Forum|
Valerie Sutton |
Date: Tue Oct 26, 1999 9:43 pm
Subject: OK. Here is a new policy for now...
Dear SignWriting List:
I would like to suggest this temporary experiment...perhaps we could try it
through the weekend, and on the weekend we can decide if we want to
continue... let's start this right now...which means you can send
attachments now, but please follow these rules:
THOSE WHO WANT TO RECEIVE SIGNWRITING IN EMAIL
1. Everyone set their email to accept pictures inside email messages.
2. For right now, let's only send small .GIF's of SignWriting, and the
English messages need to give the gloss, or some kind of explanation of
what the signs mean, for others to understand the SignWriting...
3. Only send one attachment per email message.
4. Do not send "transparent .GIF's"...I have learned the hard way that some
people could not read them.
THOSE WHO ARE NOT INTERESTED IN RECEIVING SIGNWRITING IN EMAIL
1. If you are on DIGEST, change your settings so you can't receive the
pictures inside your email messages, and you should not be too overwhelmed
(at least I hope not).
2. Change to NO MAIL form...here is the info:
An individual subscriber, wishing to read the messages from the web
archive and not receive individual messages or the DIGEST version of the
messages and still be able to post, must set their mail options to NOMAIL.
Send this command in the body of your message:
SET SW-L NOMAIL
To this address:
So you now are welcome to send .GIF's again, and then this weekend, we can
discuss making it definite - I surely hope this benefits people - don't
hesitate to write to me personally if you have opinions! I value all of
your input -
Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA