forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2142  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Michael Everson
Date:  Wed Oct 27, 1999  6:22 pm
Subject:  Re: SW-L Digest - 26 Oct 1999 to 27 Oct 1999

Valerie said:

>VIEWING A GRAPHICS ATTACHMENT AS A PICTURE INSIDE AN EMAIL MESSAGE IN EUDORA:
>
>1. Go under Settings
>2. Click on the "Fonts and Display" icon, or just the "Display" icon,
>depending on the version of Eudora
>3. Check the box for "Display graphics attachments inline"...or check the
>box that says: "Display Graphics In Messages"....depending on the version
>of Eurdora
>4. Click the OK button
>
>This will bring SignWriting .GIF's inside your email messages!

This only works if you are using the commercial version of Eudora, not the
free version Eudora Light. (I use this because we localized it into Irish
Gaelic.)

For me, downloading the gifs and jpgs via mail takes time, which costs. An
FTP site would be much more user friendly, for me, at least. But that's why
I want to put SW into the Universal Character Set, so real text can be
interchanged, not pictures.

--
Michael Everson * Everson Gunn Teoranta * https://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478 2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)

2167 FTP versus Web-Archive.... Valerie Sutton Thu  10/28/1999

  Message 2142  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index