forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2237  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Sun Nov 7, 1999  12:57 pm
Subject:  Re: Last message about hotmail...

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> OR..
>
> Leave hotmail and get another account with a private internet service
> provider. Hotmail is free, after all, and you cannot expect perfect
> service. Paying for service sometimes does solve problems, especially in
> this case...

It may not be necessary for people to pay. Ad-supported email is
one area where Microsoft does not yet have a monopoly: there are at least
five other such services that may work better. Some that come to mind are
Altavista, Netscape, Bigfoot, Usa.net and Rocketmail. If anyone on the
list uses those services, I'd be interested in knowing how they handle
these attachments.

--
Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 2237  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index