forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2242  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Nov 9, 1999  1:52 pm
Subject:  Re: Writing Spatial Relationships

>Ingvild
>p.s I myself would have said that the top of the paper is the edge
>where your front wall meets the ceiling. To imagine the paper to be
>slanting and "transparent" makes sense to both the forward/backward and the
>upward/ downward arrows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Ingvild -
Thanks for your great message. What you say above is certainly true....the
top of the paper is the ceiling, when we are writing movement that is up or
down, parallel to the wall. The top of the paper is the corner between the
front wall and the ceiling, when we write movement that is forward-up on a
diagonal. The top of the paper is the front wall, when we are writing
movement that is straight forward, parallel with the floor. It fluctuates
depending on the arrow being used.....

Val ;-)

  Message 2242  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index