To: Sign Writing List <SW-L@ADMIN.HUMBER.ON.CA>
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 1998 3:43 PM
Subject: Fw: Anacorina Lola: ASL practice, and other questions

-----Original Message-----
To: sutton@SignWriting.org <sutton@SignWriting.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 1998 2:02 PM
Subject: Anacorina Lola

Hello Valerie,     
    Just writing to let you know that I received the information packet.  Thank you for such a quick response.  All the information is great!!!  I was wondering... Would you recommend a person who is not fluent in ASL begin learning Sign Writing, or is it okay to start at any level?   
    I am a hearing person, and like I mentioned before, I will be starting the Deaf Education program at CSU Fresno in August.  My ASL is not as good as I wish it would be, and as far as I know, Fresno doesn't offer classes over Level 2.  Do you think it would be better to start learning Sign Writing now or until my ASL is at a more fluent level? 
    Also, I wanted to know, if there is a way that you can think of that I can practice ASL, outside of school?  I know there are ways, but which do you think is better for someone who wants to teach deaf kids?   
    I hope I am not bothering you too much, but any input from you would be great.  Now that I can actually see my career is closer, I would like to learn as much as possible about Deaf culture, Deaf people, and of course their language.  Thank you for your time. 

Sincerely, 

Anacorina Lola

Replies Author Date
235 Learning SignWriting :-) Valerie Sutton Thu  7/2/1998
236 Learning SignWriting :-) Valerie Sutton Thu  7/2/1998
240 Learning ASL Valerie Sutton Fri  7/3/1998

Message 226  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index