forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2284  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Nov 12, 1999  3:06 pm
Subject:  Re: Compound signs in ASL

Wayne wrote:
> I have a couple of questions, and a comment.
>Q1: How would one indicate repeated finger snapping (say, twice)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 12, 1999

Answering one question at a time...

Two Touch symbols (asterisks) means "touching twice".

Two Strike Symbols means "striking twice".

Two Brush Symbols means "brushing twice".

After testing it and testing it, we found that repeating the symbol twice
is a more visual experience for readers than using numbers - so just repeat
the symbol as many times as the contact occurs....in this case...repeated
brushing symbols.

  Message 2284  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index