forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2285  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Nov 12, 1999  3:14 pm
Subject:  Re: Compound signs in ASL

> Am I "signing it wrong" or is there something to that principle?
> Love,
> - Wayne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course not! No one is asking anyone to sign any differently than they
already do...

And the four examples I showed are only four...you can show us four new
examples...and what is so fascinating is that they can all be read well by
someone skilled in SignWriting.

So if you feel there are certain lingusitic principles that can be applied
to sign spellings, record lots of signs in SignWriting first, and then
write a paper on the theory of how to write compound signs...that would be
great information for everyone!

Val ;-)

  Message 2285  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index