forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2309  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Wayne in Maine
Date:  Sun Nov 14, 1999  6:29 am
Subject:  Re: Sign for "ball" in DGS

Hello -
It strikes me that all three would be signed differently. Stefan's
clearly indicates the contact at the beginning and end of the sign. Neither
of Valerie's indicates that, per se, or is it to be understood in some way?
Of course Valerie's second one doesn't move down, does it? They just flip
over, yes? no? Or do the hands trace a small curve in space? This
discussion of nitty-gritty is helpful to me to learn the details of the
various movement symbols.
- Wayne

>From: Valerie Sutton
>To: SignWriting List
>Subject: Sign for "ball" in DGS
>Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 11:39:40 -0800
>
>Attachment 3: Notice that the ending position is gone now. The movement is
>twisting but stationary - it does not travel. The ending position is not
>necessary, since the movement symbol shows you what happened.
>
>Val ;-)
><< _ballDGS3.gif >>
><< ballDGS3.gif >>

  Replies Author Date
2312 Re: Sign for "ball" in DGS Valerie Sutton Sun  11/14/1999

  Message 2309  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index