forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2392  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Neil Bauman
Date:  Tue Nov 23, 1999  6:50 am
Subject:  Re: US Senate Memorandum on ASL...

Hi Valerie:

>Thanks for the interesting report on the presentation to the US Senate
>about American Sign Language, written by Otto Menzel.
>
>It seems to me that Dr. Menzel is against the use of signed languages in
>general. He seems to be using the "writing" issue as another way to argue
>against using ASL. So he may not welcome knowing there is a way to write
>ASL now....

It's too late for him now. He died about a year ago. :-( He had a great sense
of humor. I really liked him.

Neil

Neil Bauman
Box 1233
Three Hills, Alberta CANADA T0M 2A0

  Replies Author Date
2393 Re: US Senate Memorandum on ASL... Valerie Sutton Tue  11/23/1999

  Message 2392  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index