forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2424  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Wayne in Maine
Date:  Mon Dec 6, 1999  11:13 am
Subject:  Arm and wrist movement symbols

Valerie -
Wait a minute! What I intended was that the arm and hand moved as a
unit up and back and down again, and that the wrist at the same time rotated
counterclockwise. Isn't that what I wrote? Am I correct in what I have
written in the current attachment?
- Wayne

>From: Valerie Sutton
>To: SignWriting List
>Subject: Re: Writing the top of the head
>Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:50:05 -0800
>
> >Valerie -
> > I mean like this. The movement symbol (on the left) shows the
>movement
> >of the whole hand over the head, whereas the other symbol (on the right)
> >shows that the wrist rotates at the same time. I may have said "flex"
>when
> >I meant "rotate". Sorry about that.
> > - Wayne
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>That's well written Wayne. The movement symbol without the axis line is a
>traveling movement. By adding the line for the axis for rotation, you have
>stated that the movement is in the hand and wrist, but the arm does not
>travel.
>
>Val ;-)

Attachment
Arm&WristMvmts.gif
Type: image/gif

2426 Re: Arm and wrist movement symbols Valerie Sutton Mon  12/6/1999

  Message 2424  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index