forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2454  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Dec 9, 1999  1:27 am
Subject:  Re: slapping the foot

In DanceWriting, the feet are a little more defined because they are more
important. This attachment is written ballet movements. When writing tap
dancing, Strike, Brush, Press, Rub symbols are seen under the feet!

This shows a little how SignWriting began...and why we write the lower body
the way we do in SignWriting today...Dancers usually can read SignWriting
well, even if they have no idea what it all means...

Attachment
dancewriting2.gif
Type: image/gif

2455 DanceWriting illustration Mark Penner Fri  12/10/1999

  Message 2454  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index