forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2463  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Dec 13, 1999  1:16 am
Subject:  Re: Writing Legs & Feet

December 12, 1999

Hello Cecelia, and Everyone on the SW List....

Thank you for the fascinating message pasted below....

I had not heard of that sign with the feet before, but it does prove our
point, doesn't it?!

It reinforces the fact that the division between the SignWriting symbol set
and the DanceWriting symbol set are increasingly becoming blurry...I think
as researchers learn more and more about signed languages, they are
learning that the whole body is sometimes involved in signed languages.

Therefore I am thinking of writing a more complete textbook for the entire
Movement Writing system, so people do not have to look in TWO separate
books ...(one for SignWriting and one for DanceWriting)...but instead will
have the entire Movement Writing system in one volume as a reference
book...That way, all symbols will be there to choose from...

Val ;-)