forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2546  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Jan 5, 2000  8:26 pm
Subject:  Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiography

January 5, 2000

Hello Everyone on the SignWriting List!

Happy Year 2000!

This year feels like an optomistic and postive year to me....and I have
much to share with you.

To start with, there is a new Special Feature posted on our web site:

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org

The new article is entitled:

~~~~~~~~~~~

A Global Writing System For A Global Age
https://www.SignWriting.org/hist011.html

Valerie Sutton shares her pictures, her dreams, her life experiences,
and the day-to-day events that led to the invention of Sutton Movement Writing

~~~~~~~~~~~

I never had planned to write an autobiography, but the past six months has
changed things a little. I have gotten quite a number of requests for the
"story behind the invention", and so I am sorting through old photographs
and I hope to tell the story in pictures. My living room table is strewn
with old photos of our family's past...my Dad is here right now and it is
really wonderful to share family photos together...

The new posting is the Introduction to the autobiography. I am now working
on Chapter One!

After Chapter One I will move on to more important things...like working on
SignWriter 5.0 (an enormous job) and posting a comparison between the
Stokoe system and SignWriting, written by Joe Martin ;-)

So have a wonderful day, everyone!

And my very best to all of you for a happy new year.....

2547 Chapter One, Sutton Autobiography Valerie Sutton Thu  1/6/2000
2548 Re: Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiograph Stefan Woehrmann Thu  1/6/2000
2550 Re: Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiograph Valerie Sutton Fri  1/7/2000
2549 Re: Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiograph Lori Thompson Thu  1/6/2000
2554 Re: Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiograph Stefan Woehrmann Fri  1/7/2000
2555 Re: Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiograph Stefan Woehrmann Fri  1/7/2000
2557 Pen Pal Letters in SW Valerie Sutton Sat  1/8/2000
2567 Re: Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiograph Karen Michaels Sun  1/9/2000
2605 Re: Special Feature Posted: Sutton's Autobiograph Priscila Tue  1/25/2000

  Message 2546  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index