forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2578  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jan 11, 2000  6:08 pm
Subject:  Re: Printing & Creating SW Dictionaries, Part 2

>I think I may have a problem with my program. I'm trying to convert my dict.
>file but it says its not found???? I think maybe I need to redownload my
>program cuz of that old virus I had. Maybe it messed something up in my
>program.
>
>Where is that at (where I can re download)?
>Dawn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 11

Ok. First, why not try this....

You need to have all the files that run the SignWriter program in ONE
directory. Let us imagine that your directory is called SW.

The dictionary files need to be in the SW directory for the
Dictionary Manager to find the dictionary.

The American dictionary that comes with the shareware is called: 001

In other words, the two files that have to be in the SW directory are:

sw001.dic
sw001.din

The sw stands for SignWriter. The 001 means the USA.

When you open the Dictionary Manager Program, it asks you for the
name of the dictionary you want to convert. If you want to convert
the American dictionary, then type:

001

and then press Enter or Return.

The program then looks for the two sw001 files needed to do the conversion.

This is not limited to only the 001 dictionary...any dictionary can
be converted this way, as long as you know the name of the dictionary
and that the dictionary files are located in the SW directory.

And yes, of course you can re-download the shareware anytime:

Download SignWriter Shareware
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw128.html

Hope this helps!

2585 Printing & Creating SW Dictionaries, Part 3 Valerie Sutton Wed  1/12/2000

  Message 2578  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index