forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2587  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Lourdes Tollette
Date:  Mon Jan 17, 2000  4:28 pm

Hi,
I just read this web site and I agree with that because I feel that way.
Lourdes
Deaf people are not handicapped amongst themselves. With each other, they
communicate beautifully. They are only "impaired" in relation to the
hearing world and to "sound-based" languages. Deafness is the "invisible
handicap" because a hearing person cannot "see deafness". Oftentimes deaf
education is poorly funded, partly because deaf people have trouble
explaining in English that English to them seems " foreign".

Recently, Val send the web site:
https://www.signwriting.org/prog000.html

  Replies Author Date
2588 Too bad the whole world doesn't sign! Valerie Sutton Mon  1/17/2000

  Message 2587  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index