forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2588  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jan 17, 2000  6:18 pm
Subject:  Too bad the whole world doesn't sign!

Lourdes wrote:
>I just read this web site and I agree with that because I feel that way.
>Deaf people are not handicapped amongst themselves. With each other, they
>communicate beautifully. They are only "impaired" in relation to the
>hearing world and to "sound-based" languages.

Hello Everyone
and Lourdes!

Yes, to me this is soooo important. Deaf people are not handicapped
when everyone signs...but since many in the hearing world do not know
sign language, there is a lack of communication. This is an important
point when it comes to respect for Deaf culture, and respect for
writing signed languages, which are beautiful and rich languages...

Val ;-)

  Message 2588  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index