forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2647  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Wayne in Maine
Date:  Sun Jan 30, 2000  6:14 am
Subject:  Re: The name "SignWriting" in other countries...

Valerie -
Attached is the Chinese name for SignWriting. Sorry the gif file is so
large. I couldn't figure out how to reduce it. I'm on a different computer
than the one I usually use and the paint program is an early version.
The four characters, read left to right, are pronounced:
Shou3 yu3 wen2 zi4 (the numbers are the tones). "Shou3yu3" means "sign
language"; "wen2zi4" means "written characters" and is the term used to
indicating the writing system of any language.
Cheers!
- Wayne Smith

Attachment
SWinChinese.gif
Type: image/gif

2648 Re: The name "SignWriting" in other countries... Valerie Sutton Sun  1/30/2000

  Message 2647  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index